Red Shiso Herb Heirloom Seeds - Non-GMO, Open Pollinated, Untreated
Original price $1.99 - Original price $1.99
$1.99 - $1.99
Current price $1.99
Perilla frutescens is an annual herb with a unique flavor profile that combines notes of cinnamon, clove, and cumin. Its sweet-spicy taste makes it a great addition to stir-fries, sushi dishes, vegetables, rice, and microgreens. And is traditionally used to pickle radishes or make umeboshi plums. This versatile Japanese herb features beautiful red frilled leaves and can add depth of flavor to any dish.
About Our Seeds:
- Our seeds are non-GMO, open-pollinated, and untreated
- We regularly test our seeds to ensure they meet the highest germination standards.
- We provide full, detailed growing instructions for all our seeds.
- Our seeds are professionally packed in eco-friendly resealable packets made from recycled materials and printed with vegetable-based ink, without the use of plastic ziploc bags.
- .25g (Min. ~100 seeds)
- Shiso is a medium-growing perennial herb that can be grown as an annual in temperate climates.Red shiso herb is high in vitamins C, A, iron, and antioxidants. The deep red-purple color of the plant is due to the anthocyanin pigment which has antibacterial and antiviral properties. Red shiso can be used fresh or cooked.