White Dent Corn Seeds - Heirloom Seeds, Early Boone County White, Iowa Silver Mine, Roasting Corn, Open Pollinated, Non-GMO
The Zea mays Dent is an old heirloom variety of corn known for its high yields and creamy white kernels. This variety matures in 120 days and produces 10” ears of sweet, delicious corn. It also has a large plant size; reaching up to 12 feet tall with plenty of foliage that can be used as forage. To achieve the best results when growing this variety, sow seeds 6-10" apart in rows 24-36" apart in fertile soil and full sun after the danger of last spring frost has passed and soil temperatures have warmed sufficiently. For optimal pollen distribution, it is recommended to sow multiple rows together instead of one long row, which could cause incompletely filled ears due to poor pollination.
- Our seeds are non-GMO, open-pollinated, and untreated (free from fungicides, pesticides, herbicides, etc.)
- We regularly test our seeds to ensure they meet the highest germination standards.
- We provide full, detailed growing instructions for all our seeds.
- Our seeds are professionally packed in eco-friendly resealable packets made from recycled materials and printed with vegetable-based ink, without using plastic ziploc bags.
- 14g (Min. 50 Seeds)
- It's so named after the dimple or indent that forms at the top of each kernel when it dries out. Dent corn has a higher starch content and lower sugar content than sweet corn.